Jump to navigation
The priority of the ISF is to fully notify all those involved in ISF events: the children; the parents; the heads of delegations and partners from the world of school sport and fulfil our responsibility towards the safety of young generations of student athletes. In response to the virus outbreak which first hit China and is now present in other parts of the world as well, the ISF is hereby committed to the following statements:
1) No risk can be taken. Our priority is the security of the participating youth in all our events and will be individually discussed with each LOC.
2) It is vital that the ISF provides a maximum amount of information to all members regarding this period of uncertainty.
3) We have full trust in all local authorities to keep us informed on the health and safety situation as well as the direct and collateral consequences of the Coronavirus Covid-19 regarding the health of the participants and the appropriate medical measures to be taken before and during each event.
4) The decision of members regarding their participation or hosting of events will be fully supported by the ISF.
5) We greatly appreciate and trust China in their preparations for the 2020 Gymnasiade in Jinjiang. We will propose that a specific commitment be put in place so that regular updates on the situation are provided by the organisers.
6) We must coordinate with the 2020 Gymnasiade Organising Committee in order discuss the adaption of previously agreed deadlines and policies put in place for the event. The organisers must be flexible in regard to the requests received due to the changes occurring, affecting all event preparations (e.g. Postponing the date of the registration for the ticket fair of 80% for the Gymnasiade 2020, the deadline for registering for the events, or the dates of the inspection visits).
7) The ISF must seek information by proactively cooperating with relevant national and international stakeholders (WHO,IOC, GAISF,…) analysing the measures taken by the organising and participating countries in order to gather the most complete information to guarantee the safety of all participants during our events.
Copyright © International School Sport Federation, 2017-2021.